Globetrotter to merge with Fenix’ retail operations

Fenix Outdoor, owner of brands such as Fjällräven, Hanwag, Primus and Brunton, has agreed to merge its retail operations in Sweden (Naturkompaniet) and Finland (Partioaitta) with Globetrotter Ausrüstung, the Hamburg-based retailer, in a company called Frilufts AB. 60 percent of the shares are controlled by Fenix, while the remaining 40 percent will be owned by the current owners of Globetrotter. Frliufts AB will then be the 100 percent owner of the three retail banners. The new company will be led by Ulf Gustafsson as chief executive, and Thomas Lipke, so far managing partner of Globetrotter, as chief operating officer. The new alliance will combine retail sales of some €260 million.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

TOPLINK